Spartan Expressions

The Student News Site of New Hartford High School

Spartan Expressions

Spartan Expressions

The Spartan Expressions’ New Website

Created by Evie Ruggiero
Created by Evie Ruggiero

Over the course of the third quarter, students enrolled in journalism have been writing and publishing articles for our school newspaper.

The articles feature papers on sports, opinion writings, school news and a wide variety of other issues that focus from local to national stories.

In the early-mid 1900’s our school published a newspaper called The Tattler. Then came the Spartan Express, which has been published since 1995. Around ten years ago, we adjusted the name to Spartan Expressions to include creative writing in addition to news.

Paper copies of these issues were sold in the main foyer during lunch before the pandemic occurred. Due to a major shift from physical copies to technological resources, Spartan Expressions has been an online source ever since. We have published a pdf version of the newspaper in a newsletter format that is sent through the school’s email to all students and staff.

Due to the recent change in our district’s website, the class did not have a “home” for their newspaper on the page. As a result, we are proud to introduce our very own website which will host all the articles that would originally be featured in Spartan Expressions.

On top of writing the articles for the website, journalism students have also been helping with the design process in creating a unique, eye-catching website that viewers will enjoy and be able to navigate.

If you are reading this very story, then you must have found our new site!

We encourage you to spread the word as this page will begin to fill up with stories, articles, and news of current and future events.