Spartan Expressions

The Student News Site of New Hartford High School

Spartan Expressions

Spartan Expressions

New Hartford Marching Band 2024 show logo titled Icarus
News
Marching Band Back in Business
Michael Radell, Staff Member • May 17, 2024
Tommy Vitagliano shows his appreciation for Mr. Ryan with a pie in the face at the pep rally.  Fall 2023.
Features
Mrs Roth vs Mr Ryan
Rosalia Fornino May 17, 2024
Scenes From a Club Soccer Game
Opinion
Club Vs. School Sports
Evie Ruggiero, Staff Writer • May 17, 2024
Image from Creative Commons
Features
New Hartford Electives
Melody Tavares, Staff writer • May 15, 2024
Avery Sassower - Digital Art
Reviews
New Hartford Electives
Melody Tavares, Staff writer • May 14, 2024

Teachers VS Students

What is New Hartford’s best sport?

All high school athletes want their team to stand out from the crowd, with the many successful teams at New Hartford it’s hard to pick just one. The best sport at New Hartford has always been a tough debate; with many teams constantly winning sectionals, or other teams going on to win states, New Hartford excels in sports. But which is the best? Teachers and students had some different answers.

Most students could agree that it is either girls soccer, or boys swimming.

People felt that girls soccer was best because they are one of the only teams to win states in recent years, they have 3 consecutive section titles and 4 undefeated seasons. Not many other sports could say the same.

“It’s an honor to be a part of such an amazing girls soccer program,” said soccer goalie Evie Ruggerio. “It’s a powerful feeling knowing that nobody in the tri-valley league has beat us in a while.”

Girls Soccer team after winning sectionals (Sarah Cheney)
The team poses for Sectional championship picture (Jessica McNair)

Others felt that boys Swimming was better because, due to the many swimmers who qualify for both sectionals and states each year. Also because this past season they had broken two pool records.

Other students said sports such as gymnastics, for their consistent state and sectional winners.

Teachers tending to lean towards more obscure sports at New Hartford, such as bowling and cross country

Teachers said cross country because of the girls recent sectional win, and bowling for their consistent sectional titles.

Some teachers also agreed that girls soccer and boys swim are the superior sports at New Hartford.

This whole debate on the best New Hartford sports team, makes you realize how amazing Spartan sports are. Many of our sports hold sectional titles and some even state titles, proving that Spartans always dominate in the field, court, ice, and in the pool.