Spartan Expressions

The Student News Site of New Hartford High School

Spartan Expressions

Spartan Expressions

The Purpose Of Restaurant Menus

Jozef Oles
Photo of Taco Bell menu in New Hartford.

Restaurant menus give you the option to order food that the restaurant serves and you might ask yourself “what do I do first when I arrive at the restaurant?” or “what does the purpose of a menu mean to me? They’re questions that have pretty descriptive answers.

Jennifer Neal, a teacher at Martin Luther King Jr Elementary School says, “what I look for in a restaurant menu is to choose foods that are both tasty, healthy, and affordable.”

If you go to a restaurant for the first time you might wonder what would be proper to contain in a restaurant menu? Or what do you do when you arrive with a restaurant menu?

“There are six things to contain in a proper menu. Make sure you include a Food Allergy Statement on your menu, calories on Menus in the UK, an appropriate description of each dish Include photographs and imagery in your menu Keep branding consistent in your menu, and outline the price of dishes on your menu,”Stated by, YMCA Of Middle Tennessee. 

What are the discounts that menus have?” is a question that people unfamiliar with restaurant topics like this might have, but a good reason that discounts exist is that Discounts are a typical marketing tactic restaurants use to attract new customers and boost sales.

According to Google, “Discounts are price reductions for products or services that are applied directly to the selling price.” There are several reasons why restaurants offer discounts, such as: To promote a new menu item or specialty dish. To attract new customers. Also other good ways to bring in customers is offer incentives and intro offers, social media marketing, use online reviews, and knowing your target audience.

I think a good fast food restaurant that’s great at delivering different varieties of options on their menus is McDonald’s. They have all kinds of burgers, fries, boxes of nuggets, and drinks to give to hungry customers.