Spartan Expressions

The Student News Site of New Hartford High School

Spartan Expressions

Spartan Expressions

Olive Garden Best In Town

John Paul Radel

For this issue, I decided to review the Olive Garden restaurant.  The Olive Garden is a chain of Italian food restaurants.  According to their “X” (formerly known as Twitter) account they say “when you’re here, you’re family.”  (@olivegarden).   The Daily Meal.com states that Olive Garden got its start in Orlando Florida in 1982.  It currently has over 900 locations across the United States and some other countries as well.  The Olive Garden opened a location in New Hartford in August of 2013. https://www.uticaod.com/story/news/environment/2013/07/18/new-hartford-olive-garden-to/41636891007/   

I interviewed three people for this review.  Monica Furlong lives near Buffalo, New York.  She visits the Olive Garden in Williamsville, New York every now and then.   She usually likes to go with her husband and enjoys their toasted ravioli and unlimited breadsticks!  I asked her why she likes the Olive Garden.  She said, “I like the variety of food and the good mix of a casual but nice atmosphere.”  I asked her if she likes the dessert at Olive Garden and she said she likes their cheesecake!  I asked if she would recommend the Olive Garden to others.  Monica said she would recommend it.  She said “It’s good! Always a reliable choice!”

Chris Fortino likes Olive Garden. He loves to go to Olive Garden with his family. He likes to eat pasta. Chris says Olive Garden is a nice place to go to.  I asked Chris how often he goes to Olive Garden, and he said “I go there a few times a year.”   I asked him if he would recommend Olive Garden to others and he said he would.  He said, “I like Olive Garden, it’s not my favorite restaurant, but I always like it when I eat there.”  He’s never had the dessert there.  He likes to stick with the pasta.   I have gone with Chris to Olive Garden in the past.  He has some food allergies and I’ve noticed that Olive Garden was very nice to him and kept his food safe for him.   My mom also has food allergies and has always been treated well by Olive Garden and kept safe while eating there.  

I also interviewed my mom, Mary Radel. My mom loves Italian food and enjoys all the delicious Italian food in Utica.  Olive Garden is not her first choice.  She takes me because I like it there.  She says “I like Olive Garden.  It has good value for the amount of food you get. The atmosphere is nice and the staff is friendly.”  My mom likes their breadsticks, salad, and chicken gnocchi soup.  She also likes the Chicken Margarita.  My mom doesn’t usually get dessert, but she likes their warm Italian donuts. She says they are so good! 

I like Olive Garden’s chicken tenders and fries.  They are less spicy than Outback’s, but they still have a nice flavor.  I also like their milk, orange juice, and pink lemonade. Olive Garden is a good place to go in New Hartford, New York.  It has a nice warm atmosphere. You can get a lot of food there without paying a lot of money. They give you 4 chicken tenders, when Outback gives you 3. It’s a larger meal size than Carmella’s also.  Like Outback, Olive Garden has restaurants in different cities and states.  So, when I’m traveling, I know I can have a meal there that I can rely on.  If you haven’t tried the Olive Garden, I recommend giving it a try, I think you’ll love it!

Chicken Tenders with Fries. Photo by Mary Radel.